Depression is a common medical condition that affects all types of people from all walks of life. When it is not treated through proper behavioral health services in New York, it can lead a person suffering from all kinds of medical illnesses. It may range from mild symptoms to serious chronic health problems.
Symptoms of Depression
The symptoms of depression vary on a case-to-case basis. However, there are common symptoms that are observed in most people suffering from this mental health condition. These symptoms include:
- Feelings of hopelessness, sadness, and helplessness
- Loss of interest in things they were once interested in
- Suicidal thoughts, energy loss, and loss of libido
- Daytime sleepiness, weight and appetite changes, concentration problems, and insomnia
There are other symptoms that appear based on the type of depression a person is suffering from.
How to Cope
Living with depression is a big challenge. It can be exhausting and stressful, especially if a person has been battling it for a long time. For one to cope with depression, here are some tips to take advantage of:
- Keep a regular sleep/wake schedule.
- Exercise every day.
- Build a support network.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Ask for help, either from loved ones or from professionals providing telemental health services in New Jersey.
Pearl Behavioral Health believes that people with depression should not battle their condition alone. Reach out to us, if you are experiencing the symptoms of depression, so our health professionals can provide you with the support that you need.