Mental health difficulties are prevalent both during pregnancy and in the post-delivery period.
Pearl Behavioral Health & Medicine offers assessment and treatment for mothers undergoing mental health challenges during pregnancy and within the first year after the delivery. Our specialized care is delivered close to the maternity unit of your preference, either in your home or in community centers.
Our Perinatal Psychiatry covers:
- Pre-conception advice for soon-to-be experiencing complex/severe mental health issues.
- Assessment and care management for mothers with mental health requirements during pregnancy and for 12 months after delivery.
- Advice and education on the risks and benefits of using mental health medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Care planning and management for pregnant women experiencing mental health problems.
- Planning for the postnatal period management to promote well-being and to prevent relapse.
- Identification and supervision of the influence of obstetric complications on a mother’s mental well-being.
- Providing access to the most suitable type of psychological interventions per case.
- Advice and assistance on the mother-infant relationship management.